Bank of Baroda Gold Loan
Bank of Baroda offers gold loan by demand loan at lucrative interest rates to those who own gold jewellery or ornaments. The bank charges a processing fee on the gold loan. The maximum loan that can be availed as Bank of Baroda gold loan is Rs.25 lakh and the loan must be repaid within 12 months.
Bank of Baroda Gold Loan – Features
|Processing Fee||0.50% plus service taxMore than Rs.3 lakh up to Rs.25 lakh – As applicable + GST|
|Maximum Loan Amount||Rs. 25 lakh|
|Repayment tenure||Up to 12 months|
Bank of Baroda Gold Loan Interest Rate
The rates of interest can be summed up as follows:
- Up to Rs.3 lakh – 1-year MCLR + Strategic Premium the interest rate is 7.30% p.a. for Agri gold loan. For others, the interest rate is 7.55% p.a.
- More than Rs.3 lakh up to Rs.10 lakh – 1-year MCLR + Strategic Premium to 1-year MCLR + Strategic Premium + 0.25% which is 7.55% p.a. for Agri Gold Loan. For other types of gold loan, the interest rate is 7.8% p.a.
- More than Rs.10 lakh up to Rs.25 lakh – 1-year MCLR + Strategic Premium + 0.25% to 1-year MCLR + Strategic Premium + 0.50% which is calculated to be 7.8% p.a. for Agri Gold Loan, and 8.05% p.a. for other types of Gold Loan.
Eligibility to apply BOB Gold Loan
Anyone who owns gold jewelry or ornaments can avail a gold loan from Bank of Baroda. The loan will be in the form of a demand loan and can be used for any purpose except for speculative purpose.
Gold Loan Calculator
You can determine how much loan you are eligible for by using the Gold Loan Calculator tool that is available on the website of many lenders and third-party websites. You just need to enter the weight of your gold ornaments or jewelry and the tool will calculate and display the loan amount you are eligible for.
Some of the lenders may also ask you to enter the type of gold, repayment tenure, and your details such as name, contact number, etc., in the gold loan calculator tool.
BOB Gold Loan Documentation required:
A customer must submit the following documents to apply for a Bank of Baroda Gold Loan.
- Recent passport size photographs
- Application form filled and duly signed
- Identity Proof – any one of the documents like PAN card, passport, voter ID, driving license or Aadhaar card.
- Residence Proof – any one of the documents like ration card, passport, recent utility bills or Aadhaar card.
Bank of Baroda Gold Loan FAQs:
What is the nature of credit offered under Bank of Baroda Gold Loan?
The gold loan from Bank of Baroda will be offered in the form of a demand loan.
Will I have to pay a processing fee for Bank of Baroda Gold Loan?
Yes, you will have to pay a nominal charge of 0.5% of loan amount as processing fee.
For what purposes can I use Bank of Baroda Gold Loan?
You can use the loan amount for all general purposes like education, travel, house repair, hospitalization etc. However, you cannot use it for speculative purposes like investment in a risky avenue.
What is the maximum repayment tenure for Bank of Baroda Gold loan?
The borrower can take up to 12 months to repay Bank of Baroda gold loan.