HDFC bank is very popular for issuing a lot of credit cards with huge advantages over different categories. The Millennia Credit Card issued by the HDFC Bank is very popular cashback cards in India and another card similar to Millennia is the HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card. One big factor that makes the customers confused between these two cards is their annual fee. Both these cards have an equal annual fee of Rs. 1,000. But, Millennia Credit Card is a cashback card while the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card is a rewards card.
Millennia Card allows you to earn up to 5% cashback on your purchases, and with the Regalia First Credit Card, you get 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150. So, in terms of rewards/cashback, the Millennia Credit Card can be considered a better option.
But Regalia First Card earns you up to 7,500 bonus reward points every year under its milestone benefits whereas the Millennia Credit Card doesn’t offer any such benefits. Also, you get complimentary airport lounge access with both these cards. With all these factors in mind, it might be look difficult for you to choose the right credit card for yourself. We are here to help you compare these two cards on the basis of all their features, fees & charges. Keep reading the article to know more:
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card is a popular cashback cards in the Indian market as it provides its customers with exclusive benefits with a nominal annual fee of Rs. 1,000. But, the card doesn’t earn you cashback directly, but you get cash points on all your spends and the value of 1 Cash Point is Re. 1 for redemption against your statement balance.
With this card, you can earn up to 5% cashback on your purchases. Not only this, but you get complimentary airport lounge access, discount offers on dining, and a lot more benefits with this card. Following is the detailed information about all the features of the HDFC Millennia Credit Card:
- Get 1,000 Cash Points as a welcome benefit.
- Get 5% cashback (in the form of cash points) on partner brands, including Amazon, BookMyShow, Flipkart, Myntra, SonyLiv, Swiggy, TataCliq, Uber, Zomato, etc.
- Get 1% Cashback on all other spends.
- 1 Cash Point = Re. 1 for redemption against statement balance and 1 Cash Point = Re. 0.30 for redemption against other categories.
- Get a discount of up to 20% on dining at several participating restaurants across the country.
- Get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
- With the Diners Club variant, get 2 complimentary international lounge visits per quarter.
- The annual fee of Rs. 1,000 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous anniversary year.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions worth Rs. 400 and more. The maximum benefit through the fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
The HDFC Regalia First Credit Card also has an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 and is very similar to that of the Millennia Credit Card in terms of charges and features. With this card, you earn 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 you spend, where the value of 1 Reward Point = up to Re. 0.30.
But, you can earn up to 7,500 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone. Other than reward benefits, this card entitles you to a lot more advantages, including complimentary airport lounge access, exciting discount offers on dining, and many more. Refer to the following points to understand detailed features and benefits of the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card:
- You get 1,000 Reward Points as a welcome bonus.
- You earn 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 you spend using this credit card.
- You earn a cashback of 5% on travel & shopping spends via the HDFC Smartbuy portal.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.30 for flight/hotel bookings via SmaryBuy, 1 RP = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products and vouchers, 1 RP = Re. 0.15 for redemption against cashback.
- Avail of a discount of up to 30% on dining at over 2,000 participating restaurants across the country.
- Get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- Get 3 complimentary international lounge access every year with the complimentary Priority Pass.
- Get an insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs against accidental air death.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
- Get the annual fee of Rs. 1,000 waived off by spending Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year.
Comparison Between The HDFC Millennia & HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card||HDFC Regalia First Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 1,000|
|Welcome Benefits||1,000 Cash Points||1,000 Reward Points|
|Reward Rate||Get a 5% cashback on your spends on Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Zomato, Uber, Myntra, BookMyShow, Tata Cliq, etc.|
Get 1% cashback on all other spends.
|4 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent|
|Reward Redemption||1 Cash Point = Re. 1 for redemption against the outstanding balance.|
1 Cash Point = Re. 0.30 for redemption against all the other categories.
|1 RP = Rs 0.3 for redemption against flights and hotel bookings,|
1 RP = Rs 0.25 for redemption against products and vouchers,
1 RP = Rs 0.15 for adjustment against the card’s statement balance.
|Milestone Benefits||NA||5,000 bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 3 lacs in a year.|
An additional bonus of 2,500 Reward Points on spending Rs. 6 lacs in a year.
|Additional Benefits||8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.|
Up to 20% discount on dining.
Get annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 1 lakh in the previous year.
|8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access with Visa/MasterCard lounge access program.|
3 complimentary airport lounge access globally with complimentary Priority Pass membership.
Up to 30% discount on dining.
Get annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 1 lakh in the previous year.
Summary on hdfc millennia vs regalia
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card & the HDFC Regalia First Credit card might look very similar to individuals, but once you carefully understand each of their features, you might have understood that there are a lot of differences between the two cards. It is true that the annual fee of both cards is exactly the same. But, one can compare them on the basis of their features. If you are someone who spends a lot on Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy, etc, the Millennia Credit Card will be a better choice for you as it provides you with a 5% cashback on all these brands.
If you are a frequent traveler who wants to have extra luxurious travel experiences all across the world, you should go with the Regalia First Credit Card issued by the HDFC Bank as it doesn’t only provide you with complimentary lounge access, but also with the complimentary Priority Pass membership.
Regalia First Credit Card also allows you to earn thousands of bonus reward points every year, but the Millennia Card doesn’t. But, it is also equally true that the HDFC Millennia Credit Card is better if you want to save more on your spends. So, you should analyze your spending behavior and make a decision only after that.