Transfer of funds from an account to account in the traditional way is the least chosen option these days as one needs to find time to visit the bank to make the transaction. Now in the new technology and digital banking scenario, there are many ways of money transfer , online and ATM cum Debit cards have made things simpler.
Let us check how to transfer money from ATM below.
Although the transfer of funds through mobile banking and netbanking are the most preferred options, transfer of funds through ATM is widely done these days . The advantage is money transfer from ATM that can be done through any nationalized or private sector banks.
Funds can be transferred from one debit card to another debit card or one account to another account through ATM.
How to Transfer Money from ATM
How to do Account to Account Funds Transfer via ATM?
Funds can be transferred from one bank account to another bank account by ATM. Any account holder who is wondering how to transfer money from ATM should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit an ATM and insert the ATM/debit card
- Choose the preferred language
- Enter the debit card PIN and click ‘Yes’ to continue
- Then choose the “Fund Transfer” option provided at the bottom most corner of the ATM display
- Enter the beneficiary’s bank and account number
- Choose the type of account – Savings Bank Account or Current Account
- Enter the amount to be transferred and click ‘Correct’. Then click ‘Yes’ to confirm the amount entered
- After providing the fund transfer amount, the fund will be transferred successfully. If a transaction is not completed within the time limit provided then ‘time out’ message will appear. In such a case, the account to account transfer from ATM process has to be repeated
Important Features of Money Transfer Service from ATM
- It is the most convenient way to transfer money
- The money transfer service can be done easily by visiting the nearest ATM
- ATMs reduce the work pressure on bank staff and avoids queues in bank premises
- There is no human error as far as ATMs are concerned
Other ways to transfer money
To have net banking services, account holders need to register and sign up for the same. Once registered for the internet banking facility, the account holder can login using the User ID / Customer ID and net banking password to transfer funds anytime during the day.
Following details would be required during internet banking –
Name, Account number and IFSC code of the beneficiary
Amount to be remitted
Customers can transfer money through mobile banking by downloading the official mobile banking application provided by the bank. Using the mobile banking application, account holders can avail services like balance enquiry, mini statement, fund transfer, utility bill payments, and much more on-the-go.
Visiting the bank branch
Customers can visit their respective bank branch as well and fill the fund transfer form for fund transfer. Account holders can opt for NEFT, RTGS, IMPS or intra bank fund transfer depending upon their requirement.